In the state of Ohio, there is a contingency for voters that encounter an emergency on Election Day. Access to this type of ballot is rigidly defined by the state, with ballots typically delivered to people suffering from a medical emergency. Parents whose children are hospitalized may also be granted access to an absentee ballot.
Absentee Voter Application
To request an Absentee Ballot for the June 2, 2020 Primary Election:
- Download and complete a FILLABLE Absentee Voter Application Form
- Contact the Board of Elections to have one mailed to you. 225-5656.
- Mail via US mail or deliver completed application to: Montgomery County Board of Elections Absentee Department 451 W. Third St. Dayton, OH 45422
Must Include or will be returned:
- Name and Registered address
- Election you are requesting: Primary Election
- Date of birth
- Either your Ohio driver’s license number or the last four digits of your social security number
- Or one of the following forms of voter identification:
- A copy of your Ohio driver’s license
- A copy of an identification card issued by the State of Ohio or the United States government
- An original or copy of a utility bill
- An original or copy of a bank statement
- An original or copy of a paycheck
- An original or copy of a government check
- Your complete legal signature
Other Helpful Links
The Board of Elections is here to help. Whether you are a citizen or a candidate, we provide the information you need to participate in Ohio elections.